The Dolphin, one of the free open sourced console emulator for video games that is made for Nintendo GameCube, Triforce and Wii and it runs on Different versions of windows, OS X( Mac), Linux and Google Android.
It was the first emulator in the market that was completely able to run profitable GameCube games, and profitable Wii games. Its name has been referred to as the expansion code for Gamecube. Any random game you pick up would work correctly or with little errors, these games are played at HD quality level 1080p and sometimes even more, this is a striking feature as the real Wii and Gamecube consoles are not specialized at this.
Also See: WhatsApp for PC
The project being open sourced takes improvements from everyone, the code for these reside at code.google.com. There is continuous development of the dolphin and new functions are added on daily basis and errors are removed.
PRO TIP: If you are looking to download wii emulator on you computer/laptop follow this in-depth tutorial about downloading wii emulator on pc.
Features of Dolphin Emulator
Dolphin has many features, some of them are listed below in different points.
- Game playing in HD at maximum possible resolution at 1080p.
- To achieve better gaming experience we can connect Wiimote and Nunchunk to PC.
- We can save game whenever as desired and then restart a state.
- We can map various functions of the real Gamecube controllers &Wiimote
- Dolphin supports 2 different network play which are local multiplayer and Nintendo Wi-Fi.
- Capability to Skip GameCube Basic Input Output system.
- One of its great feature is its support for the hombrew.
- Support for downloadable game is present.
- Another great feature is frameskipping.(Test for droped frames know a UFO test).
Interesting Story: How Wii emulator got a turbocharge?
System Requirements for Dolphin Emulator
- A Windows version XP/7/8 or above.
- Fast loading CPU. (If more processor are present, the Dolhin Emulator will use them).
- Gpuwith pixel shader version 2.0 or more.
- A good Graphic card.
- A good video card that works with open GL 2.X
- Fully Updated System drivers so that there is no problem in the hardware of the system and smooth work is ensured.
Downloading Wii Emulator for PC/Laptop/Desktop/Mac
You can download Dolphin to start play Gamecube & Wii emulator by following the link given below and then choosing the operating system, bit type, and version for the dolphin emulator.
Download Link is here. By downloading this you will be able to play Wii and Gamecube on your PC/Laptop/Desktop/Mac.